Synchronize files between computer and USB drive
Do you carry files across in USB drives? It might sometimes be exhausting to copy files and folders to and from your hard drive and USB stick.
USBsyncer file sync feature is a process of ensuring that folders in computer and USB drive contain identical up-to-data files. If you add, change, or delete a file from one location, the synchronization process will add, change, or delete the same file at the other location.
USBsyncer provide two-way and one-way synchronization. In two-way synchronization, files are copied in both directions, keeping the two locations in sync with each other. In one-way synchronization, the USBsyncer will only copy files from USB drive to computer or only copy files from computer to USB drive. The on-way synchronized feature is very powerful and useful for files transfer, for example, you just want to use your computer's files to replace the USB drive's files, etc)
How Synchronization works?
For our purposes, synchronization is a way to make two folders the same.
As an example, let’s look at the “My Documents” folder on:
Your Main Computer:
Your USB drive:
After “synchronizing” your My Documents folders, they would both look like:
The process of synchronization:
1. copied the “Sound.wav” file from your Main Computer to your USB drive Computer
2. copied the “Picture.bmp” from your USB drive to your Main Computer
In short, it made the data the same in each folder by copying files.
During the Synchronization Progress, a conflict may occur. A conflict occurs when there are two files with the same name and each location (on computer and USB drive), but with different contents or attributes. Assuming the “Ask me what to do” option is selected in the Synchronization Options, the Conflict Resolution dialog box is shown:
USBSyncer provide four options available to you:
1. Do nothing – No action will be taken.
2. Use this computer’s version – Use the version stored on this computer, delete what is stored on the USB drive.
3. Use this USB drive’s version – Use the version stored on the USB drive, delete what is stored on this computer.
4. Use the newest version – Use the version which was most recently modified, delete the other version.
Why is file synchronization useful?
File synchronization is commonly used for home backups on external hard drives or updating for transport on USB flash drives. The automatic process prevents copying already identical files and thus can save considerable time from a manual copy, also being faster and less error prone.
Why is USBsyncer the best file synchronization utility?
1. USBsyncer's sophisticated algorithm and bit-by-bit synchronization ensures complete accuracy and protects against data loss.
2. USBsyncer also has strong filtering technology that allows you to exclude that you unwanted sync.
3. USBsyncer has the most automation features. USBsyncer allows you to automate the file synchronization job by giving the schedule at a given time of day or whenever a particular system action occurs (eg. when a USB drive is inserted or during system start-up)